Monday, March 9, 2009

Under The Tuscan Sun; Literally!!




Today was the most beautiful day Florence has seen this month! It was a high 60 some degrees and the sun was shinning so brightly! Allyson and I decided to make our way to a beautiful town called Cortona after watching Under The Tuscan Sun the other night. Under The Tuscan Sun was filmed in Cortona and tells the story of Francis Mayes, a writer, and about her move to Italy after a horrible divorce with her husband. The country changes her life forever and I love the movie so much! It is based on a true story and the movie was filmed in Francis Mayes home and garden. We arrived in Cortona in the afternoon and walked around the beautiful town and saw the famous scene with the clock tower where many parts of the movie were filmed. We then decided to walk about a mile and a half through the rolling hills to find Bremesole! Bremesole is the house where Francis Mayes still lives to this day and it is right outside of Cortona. We followed on path through beautiful gardens and rolling trees and right as we were giving up from so much walking Allsyon pointed our the house and we sprinted to it. There is was right in front of our eyes!

Bremesole was the most beautiful villa I have ever seen! It was so cute and fancy! I couldn't believe that was where Francis Mayes lives! Her story has inspired me throughout the years and we were standing right in front of her house! Cortona is the most beautiful little town that sits in the middle of Tuscany! I would love to live there one day! Who wouldn't?! We headed back to the town after we sat and stared at FM's house forever and had some lunch at a cute little wine place where we enjoyed the best pizza ever. This pizza has no marinara sauce but instead they downed it in olive oil and cooked vegetables with it so it was so moist and juicy. I really loved the way the pizza tasted and it is by far my favorite way of eating pizza now! Bremesole was one thing I set a goal to go see and I am so happy I got to do it! What a great experience!! :D Now go get the movie and watch it! Starting Diane Lane and Sandra Oh! Under The Tuscan Sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment